Wednesday, April 30, 2014

Roasted Garlic Cauliflower Hummus

Boy, this stuff turned out yummy!  I don't have exact measurements on the ingredients because I was winging it, but here is about what I did:

Step One:
Half a head of cauliflower, cut in bite-sized pieces
4-6 cloves of garlic

Put the cauliflower and garlic in a casserole dish and drizzle with olive oil.  Cover with foil and put in the oven at 350 to roast.  I will guess it was in there for an hour, but I wasn't watching the clock.  You want to leave it in there until the cauliflower is tender.

Step Two:
Put the roasted garlic and cauliflower in your food processor.  Add:

About 1 TB olive oil
1-2 tsp of lemon juice
abt 1/2 tsp cumin
cayenne pepper to taste
salt to taste
1-2 tsp tahini paste

Blend away!  I enjoyed dipping baby carrots in the "hummus" but I am sure there are lots of other yummy ways to use it.

No comments:

Post a Comment