Thursday, May 29, 2014

Roasted Garlic Cauliflower Spread

This is a re-visit to the hummus I made, but I like this even better.  And it is even more simple. 

Chop one head of cauliflower into pieces.  The size of the pieces only matters for getting into your food processor later.
Peel one head of garlic.

Put both in a heavy pot that has a lid.  I used my enameled cast-iron pot.

Drizzle with olive oil and sprinkle with salt.

Bake at 350 for 1 hr 15 mins.  This develops some really flavorful dark bits on the bottom.  I was worried they were burnt pieces but when I tried one I realized they had just carmelized really well.

Let cool a bit and then plop it all in the food processor.  Process until nice and smooth.

IT IS SO YUMMY!  I was eating it by the spoonful before spreading it on my burger which is how I ate it last night.  But I am really tempted to try making a chicken salad and use this spread instead of mayo.  It is so nice and creamy in texture and really, really yummy.  Enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment